PLANNING YOUR SUMMER HOLIDAYS?
Planning your summer holidays? What makes a good holiday here in Chideock, West Dorset?
Dorset is a county with no motorways but lots of beautiful beaches. Dorset is a lucky to have the Jurassic Coast World Heritage site being nearly 100 miles of coast stretching from Orcombe East Devon to Old Harry’s Rock Dorset.
We asked guests what they enjoyed about there holiday in Chideock…..
- Walking from Chideock to West Bay along the South West Coast Path.
- Climbing Golden Cap, the highest point on the South West Coast Path.
- Crabbing at West Bay or Weymouth.
- Visiting the site of ‘Broadchurch‘ West Bay.
- Rock pooling in Charmouth or Lyme Regis.
- Fossil hunting on Charmouth Beach.
- Visiting the local National Trust Properties.
- Bridport Hat Festival
- Watching the Red Arrows at Lyme Regis
- Visiting the many places of interest such as Abbotsbury Subtropical Gardens, The Abbotsbury Swannery, Seaton Tramway, Mapperton House, Maiden Castle, Forde Abbey & Gardens, Sculptures by the Lake, Electric Palace Bridport.
- The selection of eateries, here are some of the favourites. The Soul Shine Cafe Bridport, The Club House West Bexington, Dorshi Bridport, Pickled Ginger Bridport, Chocolatier Cafe Bridport, Riverside Restaurant West Bay, Hive Beach Cafe Burton Bradstock, The Anchor Seatown, Rachel’s West Bay
- Last but not least Warren House Bed & Breakfast and Chiddy Nook and Gingerbread Cottages!!
Plan your summer holidays before the crowds!